Tuesday 11 October 2011

School Report: Can't Stick At Anything

Yes, yes, I know I haven't posted to this blog since April. I am also aware that I only posted four articles before my unplanned hiatus. But, as with any good school report, I do have my excuses.

In May, I was forced to return to my 'day job' of full-time student. Although full-time is just a technicality for a 6-hour-a-week English student, when you're writing thousands of words for your assessment, writing an article is hardly ideal downtime.

In June I have no excuse. I was having fun. So sue me.

In July, I was lucky enough to visit New York for the first time. I won't make you jealous, but it was a dream come true.

In August, I was performing in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival as part of university improvised comedy troupe, Bristol Improv. I won't apologise for not writing anything, it was the hardest I've ever worked. We tried every tactic we could think of to coerce people into our show, but in the end we were suprisingly successful. Obviously, success in Edinburgh terms means you don't perform to an empty room every night, but luckily for us we were far from that. It goes without saying that the shall we say 'apres-ski' of the Festival was all part of it as well...

In September I had to earn some money, and I haven't yet reached the point where anybody is prepared to pay me for my writing. (Although I did do some work experience at Hair Ideas at the beginning of the summer, and they gave me a lovely bag of hair goodies when I left, which I was more than happy to accept.)

And now we reach October. I am now part of the exciting new online magazine, Inter:Mission, for which I will be writing features and reviews. Check it out, I hope you like it - I love it, and I can say that, as I had almost nothing to do with its set up.

Thanks for reading my inane witterings, if you indeed do. I always appreciate your time and attention because, let's face it, there are things like this on the Internet. (Yeah, I still find that funny. What of it?)

Emily (@emilyin140)

No comments:

Post a Comment